The perfect crispy & juicy air fryer chicken tenders. Your kids will love them, and so will you! Pair them with your favorite dipping sauce or top them on a salad, these are good for just about anything!
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Y’all..I am kinda ashamed to say this, but after I made this recipe, I cooked chicken tenders just about every other day for a week lol. We love these air fryer chicken tenders in our home because they are so versatile. Whether I am making them for Jordy for lunch, or for dinner with a side of mashed potatoes, or even for those days I’m feeling kinda healthy and want something crispy for my salad. These air fryer chicken tenders are that good!
Another reason I love them is because you can jazz up the recipe any way you like. There is no wrong way to season these. If you’re feeling a little spicy add some cayenne or chili powder, if you want something on the cheesier side add some parmesan…you can honestly do what ever you want to these and they will always taste good!
Tips For Making Air Fryer Tenders
To perfect this air fryer chicken tender recipe, here are a couple tips!
- Use an oil spray; use this to lightly coat your air fryer to prevent sticking. I also spray a little bit over the tenders after I place them in the fryer to cook to get them extra crispy.
- Lightly season your chicken tenders with the seasoning of your choice before breading them..salt & pepper is fine but they might be a little bland. I season my air fryer chicken tenders with a little bit of garlic & onion powder on top of salt & pepper.
- Do not over crowd your air fryer, depending on the size of your air fryer, you can air fry 3-4 tenders at a time.
- I buy chicken breast tenderloins, but you can use regular chicken breast and cut length wise.
How to Cook Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
In a shallow bowl or plate whisk together your breadcrumbs and seasonings then place to the side. Take your chicken tenders and place them in a seperate bowl and lightly season your tenders with salt and pepper, and your choice of additional seasoning along with olive oil and mix together. Place your tenders in the breadcrumb mixture and shake off any excess and place to the side.
Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees, once heated, spray your basket with a cooking spray to prevent sticking and work in small batches of 3-4 tenders. Cook for 8 minutes and flip half way. Serve with your desired dipping sauce or sides. To reheat place back in air fryer for 1-2 minutes at 390 degrees.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments if you tried it or have any questions!
With Love, Julianna
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- any additional seasoning of your choice
- cooking spray
- In a shallow bowl or plate whisk together breadcrumbs and seasonings then place to the side.
- In another bowl, place chicken and coat with olive oil. Also, lightly season your chicken with salt & pepper, as well as some additional seasoning.
- Take each tender and press each side into the breadcrumb mixture and shake off excess. Then place to the side.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390°, once heated, spray your basket with cooking spray and place a small batch of tenders in at a time then lightly spray the top of tenders with additional cooking spray.
- Cook for 8 minutes and flip tenders halfway through the cooking time. Once golden brown, remove and transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat steps for remaining tenders.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or sides and enjoy!