Creamy and delicious Instant Pot shrimp pasta. This quick 15 minute dish will leave you and your family full and still wanting more!
If you asked me how I came up with this dish I would tell you just like I told others, “I pulled it out of my a**”. I don’t mean to be vulgar, but seriously. I just pulled random things I had in my pantry and fridge and went with it. The night I made this I intended to make a chicken dish, but completely forgot to defrost the chicken…I know we’ve all been there before…and I had to come up with something quick, fast & in a hurry for my hungry family. Luckily for me, this dish came out tasting amazing. So here I am sharing it with you. I hope you enjoy!
Instant Pot Shrimp Pasta
If you’re looking for an easy, first time Instant Pot meal, this is it! It takes only 6 ingredients, not including any seasoning and it only takes 10 minutes to cook. Yes, 10 minutes, and that includes your IP coming to pressure and releasing!
If you’re looking for another easy Instant Pot pasta dish, check out my Instant Pot Spaghetti!
The Cooking Process
To make the Instant Pot Shrimp Pasta saute the onion & garlic until fragrant. Add in your shrimp for 3 minutes (5 minutes if raw) then remove the shrimp and place to the side. Add in chicken broth & seasonings then scrape off any bits from the bottom of the pan to prevent a “burn” notice. Break noodles in half and layer them into the pot in alternating directions in a lattice style.
Then add in your jar of sauce. DO NOT MIX. Close the lid and pressure cook on high for 2 minutes. When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes then quick release. Mix everything together and then add shrimp back into the pot and mix again. Allow the pasta to sit for 5-10 minutes on warm before serving.
Tips for Making IP Shrimp Pasta
- I used frozen (thawed) pre cooked shrimp, but you can use uncooked, raw shrimp if you prefer
- This dish is flexible when it comes to the type of pasta you can use. Again when I first made this I just used whatever I had which was thin spaghetti noodles. However, you can use linguine, fettuccine, or even a smaller pasta like penne or bowtie.
- This recipe also requires a jar of alfredo sauce. If you do not have alfredo sauce on hand, you can substitute it for 2 cups of heavy cream and 1 cup of shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano (add the cheese in after the pasta has cooked).
- If you do not have an onion or fresh garlic on hand, feel free to substitute with 1tbsp of onion powder and 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
Let me know in the comments if you made this dish! Also, let me know if you made any changes or have any questions. ENJOY!
With Love, Julianna
Instant Pot Shrimp Pasta
- 1 lb Frozen Shrimp, Tails Off, Devained thawed
- 12 oz Spaghetti Noodles or any pasta
- 15 oz Alfredo Sauce
- 1 Small Onion chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic minced
- 32 oz Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ tbsp Cajun Seasoning optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Turn on IP to saute and wait for it to read HOT. Add in olive oil, onion, & garlic, and cook until fragrant. Add shrimp and saute for 3-5 minutes then remove shrimp and place to the side for later.
- Add in chicken broth and seasonings. Scrape the bottom of the pot to remove stuck on bits to prevent BURN notice.
- Break noodles in half and layer in the pot in alternating directions. Add sauce on top of the noodles. DO NOT MIX!
- Close the lid and pressure cook on high for 2 minutes. When cook time is complete naturally release for 5 minutes then quick release.
- Stir everything together and then add shrimp back to pot and stir again. Let the pasta sit for 5-10 minutes on warm before serving.