I know this is going to sound super lazy, but I came up with this recipe because I wanted to make traditional spaghetti faster and quicker then it would take on the stove. I tried tons of recipes online and they were always missing something flavor wise. After a lot of tweaking and taste testing, I came up with this recipe.
Instant Pot Spaghetti
I almost always have these ingredients on hand in our fridge and pantry so that’s why this is such a staple dish in our home for those days I don’t feel like cooking, but still want a homemade meal. Making it in the instant pot not only taste better, but the cleanup afterward is a breeze.
If you want to try another easy instant pot meal, check out my beef & broccoli recipe!
My favorite thing about this meal is that when you cook the spaghetti in the instant pot, the noodles fully absorbs all the flavor compared to the stovetop method where your noodles are cooked in bland water. That is going to be the biggest difference in taste when you make this recipe.
Tips for Making IP Spaghetti
When making this recipe, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Most boxes of noodles are 16oz & this recipe calls for 12oz. To get 12oz out of a 16oz box, take all the noodles from the box and split in half. You will have two 8oz sections of noodles. Take one of the 8oz sections and split in half again and you will have two 4 oz sections. Combine the other 8oz section with one of the 4oz sections and now you will have an almost perfect 12oz amount of noodles.
- Make sure to layer the noodles in a lattice style to prevent noodles from sticking together
- DO NOT MIX the ingredients at all! it’s okay if some of the noodles aren’t covered. They will still cook
- If you don’t have beef broth on hand you can substitute it with vegetable broth or water!
That’s all I have for you all. If you made it and loved it leave me a comment. If you made any changes let me know as well, I love to hear yall’s ideas!
With Love, Julianna
Instant Pot Spaghetti
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Small Onion chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 12 oz Spaghetti Noodles
- 3 cups Water
- ½ cup Beef Stock or Broth Optional, you can replace with water
- 15 oz Can of Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 24 oz Spaghetti Sauce any flavor works, I prefer roasted garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Turn IP on to saute mode and add your olive oil and wait for it to read HOT. Once hot, add in your onion and garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add in your ground beef, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper and cook until all the beef is browned. Drain any excess grease.
- Add beef broth to pot and scrape of any stuck-on bits from the bottom of the pot. This will prevent you from getting any burn notice.
- Break spaghetti noodles in half and layer them over the ground beef. Do small layers at a time and alternate the direction of noodles for each layer in a criss-cross pattern. Then pour water over the noodles.
- Pour the can of diced tomatoes (undrained) and the pasta sauce over the center of the noodles.
- Close the lid and set your valve to sealing. Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. When the timer is finished allow it to naturally release for 1 minute then quickly release the pressure.
- It will look like there is a lot of liquid but just stir the pot so everything is mixed together. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Top with parmesan.